Leadership Development Award
Among the CAP Foundation’s most enduring programs, the Leadership Development Award introduces pathology residents to the specialty’s issues and leadership opportunities at the institutional, local, state, and national levels. The award enhances each recipient’s education and experience on issues challenging the practice of pathology.
Funding to cover travel expenses up to $1,200 is available for pathology residents to attend the CAP Residents Forum (Feb. 29, 2020, Los Angeles) or the Pathologists Leadership Summit (May 2-5, 2020, Washington, DC).
|Funded Up To||Focus||Eligibility||Timeframe|
|$1,200||Travel to attend the 2020 Spring Residents Forum Meeting or the Pathologists Leadership Summit to enhance education and experience on issues challenging the pathology specialty||CAP Junior Members||Apply by January 7|
Information on the Fall Cycle option for the Leadership Development Award is forthcoming. Please check back for updates.
All CAP Junior Members may apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meetings. Awardees and/or their institutions should expect to cover any travel costs that exceed the amount awarded.
The award must be fulfilled prior to the recipient converting to CAP Fellow membership.
Please include the following with your completed application:
- Your residency program director’s signature (invite this individual as a collaborator on your application)
- An essay of up to 750 words discussing*:
- Your interest in leadership and/or health policy
- Your goals for attending the meeting
- Your plan to share and apply knowledge gained
- Why the award is essential to you, the applicant
- Why your require foundation financial support
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional Headshot
- Letter of recommendation from your residency program director discussing:
- How you would benefit from receiving this award
- Your demonstration of leadership skills along with your interest in/knowledge of the issues facing the field of pathology
*Applicants that do not address the above items in their application essay will not be considered.
Awardees are required to submit a 250-word summary of their experience and a short evaluation form within 10 days of meeting attendance.