Who We Are
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to improve people’s health by:
- Developing tomorrow’s pathology leaders through awards for advanced training, research, and education.
- Mobilizing pathologists to expand health equity in medically underserved communities within the US and globally.
Our vision is to support all pathologists to be leaders in their communities and at the forefront of patient-centered care.
CAP Foundation History
For over 50 years, the CAP Foundation has granted millions of dollars to support pathology education, research, training, and travel grants, with the purpose to:
- Enhance the role of the pathologist in the provision of medical care.
- Advance pathology through the education of the medical community.
- Encourage the clinical application of research developments.
This year’s winter newsletter tells how the CAP Foundation made “lemonade out of 2020,” supporting patients and pathologists during a global pandemic. It spotlights other health care organizations like Hologic, whose partnership helps make the Foundation’s See, Test & Treat program possible. See, Test & Treat has continued to serve vulnerable communities at a time when already existing health care inequities have been exacerbated. Read about one 2020 event, at North Country Health Care in Flagstaff, Arizona, in this issue.
The CAP Foundation is committed to transparency and informing the community, donors, and funders about how we operate. Read about our good work in our new annual report.