Who We Are
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to improve people’s health by:
- Developing tomorrow’s pathology leaders through awards for advanced training, research, and education.
- Mobilizing pathologists to expand health equity in medically underserved communities within the US and globally.
Our vision is to support all pathologists to be leaders in their communities and at the forefront of patient-centered care.
CAP Foundation History
For over 50 years, the CAP Foundation has granted millions of dollars to support pathology education, research, training, and travel grants, with the purpose to:
- Enhance the role of the pathologist in the provision of medical care.
- Advance pathology through the education of the medical community.
- Encourage the clinical application of research developments.
Opening her first newsletter as president of the CAP Foundation, Dr. Eva Wojcik takes a moment to reflect on the Foundation’s accomplishments over the last year, and to thank all the volunteers, donors, and corporate sponsors who helped make the achievements possible. One of those corporate sponsors was biotechnology corporation Genentech, and this issue features an article on their partnership with the Foundation. The issue also shares photo memories from the Foundation’s events at the CAP22 annual meeting.
The CAP Foundation is committed to transparency and informing the community, donors, and funders about how we operate. Read about our good work in our new annual report.
The CAP Foundation’s Empowering Our Future Campaign—the largest fundraising effort in Foundation history—raised over $2.5 million in 2021, surpassing its initial goal.