Who We Are
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to improve people’s health by:
- Developing tomorrow’s pathology leaders through awards for advanced training, research, and education.
- Mobilizing pathologists to expand health equity in medically underserved communities within the US and globally.
Our vision is to support all pathologists to be leaders in their communities and at the forefront of patient-centered care.
CAP Foundation History
For over 50 years, the CAP Foundation has granted millions of dollars to support pathology education, research, training, and travel grants, with the purpose to:
- Enhance the role of the pathologist in the provision of medical care.
- Advance pathology through the education of the medical community.
- Encourage the clinical application of research developments.
The CAP Foundation summer newsletter introduces a slate of new or expanded Foundation awards and programs in support of pathologists and their patients, including the Global Pathology Award, Young Investigator HER2 Research Award, and August Family Award. Additionally, the newsletter highlights the new Drs. Bharati and Suketu Jhaveri Scientific Education and Research Fund, which will help expand the Foundation’s research grants. It also shares a real-life example of how See, Test & Treat cervical cancer screenings save lives in a story from the Charles Drew Health Center in Omaha, Nebraska.
The CAP Foundation is committed to transparency and informing the community, donors, and funders about how we operate. Read about our good work in our new annual report.