Who We Are
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to improve people’s health by:
- Developing tomorrow’s pathology leaders through awards for advanced training, research, and education.
- Mobilizing pathologists to expand health equity in medically underserved communities within the US and globally.
Our vision is to support all pathologists to be leaders in their communities and at the forefront of patient-centered care.
CAP Foundation History
For over 50 years, the CAP Foundation has granted millions of dollars to support pathology education, research, training, and travel grants, with the purpose to:
- Enhance the role of the pathologist in the provision of medical care.
- Advance pathology through the education of the medical community.
- Encourage the clinical application of research developments.
The 2021 fall newsletter continues to celebrate 10 years of Foundation involvement with See, Test & Treat and the nearly 7,000 women the program has helped in that time. It also introduces the Empowering Our Future Campaign, which will allow the Foundation to continue its See, Test & Treat efforts. This issue puts CAP Foundation 2021 awardees center stage, sharing the slate of winners and catching up with one of last year’s Global Pathology Education Award recipients on his annual meeting experience.
The CAP Foundation is committed to transparency and informing the community, donors, and funders about how we operate. Read about our good work in our new annual report.