Who We Are
Mission and Vision
The CAP Foundation delivers charitable funding to improve patient care by:
- Mobilizing pathologists to lead cancer screening, diagnosis, and access to care in underserved communities.
- Awarding scholarships for training, research and leadership to help prepare the pathologist leaders of tomorrow.
Our vision is to support all pathologists to be leaders in their communities and at the forefront of patient-centered care.
CAP Foundation History
For over 50 years, the CAP Foundation has granted millions of dollars to support pathology education, research, training, and travel grants, with the purpose to:
- Enhance the role of the pathologist in the provision of medical care.
- Advance pathology through the education of the medical community.
- Encourage the clinical application of research developments.
The fall 2020 newsletter tells of how the CAP Foundation has adapted to support and continue the See, Test & Treat program in pandemic-appropriate ways. It spotlights the new Global Pathology Fund initiative while also paying tribute to the life of Dr. Gene N. Herbek, who passed away in June. The founder of See, Test & Treat, Dr. Herbek inspired other pathologists to get involved in the program. Read about their experiences.
The CAP Foundation is committed to transparency and informing the community, donors, and funders about how we operate. Read about our good work in our new annual report.