Mission and Vision
The CAP Foundation delivers charitable funding to improve patient care by:
- Mobilizing pathologists to lead cancer screening, diagnosis, and access to care in underserved communities.
- Awarding scholarships for training, research and leadership to help prepare the pathologist leaders of tomorrow.
Our vision is to support all pathologists to be leaders in their communities and at the forefront of patient-centered care.
CAP Foundation History
For over 50 years, the CAP Foundation has granted millions of dollars to support pathology education, research, training, and travel grants, with the purpose to:
- Enhance the role of the pathologist in the provision of medical care.
- Advance pathology through the education of the medical community.
- Encourage the clinical application of research developments.
“Why pathology?” The CAP Foundation spring 2019 newsletter endeavors to answer this question, spotlighting Leadership Development Award winners, the corporate sponsors who help to make See, Test & Treat® possible, and host sites opting to include the program as part of their larger health fairs.
The CAP Foundation is committed to transparency and informing the community, donors, and funders about how we operate. Read about good work in our new annual report.