Who We Are
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to improve people’s health by:
- Developing tomorrow’s pathology leaders through awards for advanced training, research, and education.
- Mobilizing pathologists to expand health equity in medically underserved communities within the US and globally.
Our vision is to support all pathologists to be leaders in their communities and at the forefront of patient-centered care.
CAP Foundation History
For over 50 years, the CAP Foundation has granted millions of dollars to support pathology education, research, training, and travel grants, with the purpose to:
- Enhance the role of the pathologist in the provision of medical care.
- Advance pathology through the education of the medical community.
- Encourage the clinical application of research developments.
Foundation President Carey August, MD, FCAP, opens the winter newsletter with a message of gratitude for the Empowering Our Future fundraising campaign’s success and for the return to a full schedule of See, Test & Treat programs in 2021. In this issue, readers get a look into NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center’s October program, which served Black, Latino, and Hmong communities in the Minneapolis area. They also hear from pathologist and author Barbarajean Magnani, PhD, MD, FCAP, who uses her novels’ protagonist, Dr. Lily Robinson, to educate people about pathology and laboratory medicine.
The CAP Foundation is committed to transparency and informing the community, donors, and funders about how we operate. Read about our good work in our new annual report.