Translational Diagnostics Advanced Training Grant
This grant offers CAP Junior Members hands-on exposure to ways in which novel histopathology-based diagnostic assays are developed. Under the direction of Ventana’s Chief Medical Officer, Eric E. Walk, MD, FCAP, recipients tailor their experience to explore R&D innovation, scientific and clinical affairs, digital pathology and whole slide imaging, platform and instrumentation development, and/or tissue sample management.
Funding up to $5,000 is available to support travel and living expenses during the four-week training period, which will take place in 2022. Awardees and/or their institutions should expect to cover any travel costs that exceed the amount awarded.
Review complete details about the Translational Diagnostics Advanced Training Grant.
All CAP Junior Members with at least one year of residency completed may apply. Applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
In addition to application process details, selection considers the candidate’s molecular pathology background and interest in molecular pathology.
|Funded Up To||Focus||Eligibility||Timeframe|
|$5,000||Four-week hands-on training at Ventana Medical Systems' Tucson headquarters; training focused on developing novel histopathology assays||CAP Junior Members - at least 1 year of residency completed||Apply by
Please include the following with your completed application:
- Your residency program director’s signature (invite this individual as a collaborator on your application)
- A letter of recommendation and documentation from your residency program director confirming that your salary and benefits will be supported during the training period.
- Responses to the following:
- Your interest in translational diagnostic testing and how this experience will enhance your training in pathology
- Describe any previous experience that will help you fulfill the elective’s objectives
- How you will use this experience to benefit society and the practice of pathology
- Your plan for sharing your experience and the information learned with colleagues
- Why you require CAP Foundation financial support and what other means of support are available to you
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional headshot for use in Foundation web and print media (Requirements: 1+ megabyte, color, professional dress, neutral background)
You are required to submit the following within 30 days of completing the on-site training:
- an overview (500-700 words) of your experience
- a short evaluation form
- a photo of you and Dr. Walk