Leadership Development Award
Among the CAP Foundation’s most enduring programs, the Leadership Development Award introduces pathology residents to the specialty’s issues and leadership opportunities. This award provides funding to cover travel expenses up to $1,200 to attend the CAP Residents Forum or CAP Policy meeting. The Leadership Development award enhances each recipient’s education and experience on issues challenging the practice of pathology. The CAP Foundation acknowledges winners of the Leadership Development award at the CAP annual meeting.
All CAP Junior Members may apply. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, race, gender, national origin, or religion.
Applicants should have authorization from their institution to attend the meetings. Awardees and/or their institutions should expect to cover any travel costs that exceed the amount awarded.
Award must be fulfilled prior to converting to CAP Fellow membership.
Following meeting attendance, awardees are required to submit a photo, a 250-word summary of their experience, and a short evaluation form.
CAP Foundation acknowledges the winners of the leadership development award annually.
|Funded Up To||Focus||Eligibility||Timeframe|
|$1,200||Travel to attend the 2018 Spring or Fall Residents Forum meetings and / or the 2018 Policy Meeting to enhance education and experience on issues challenging the pathology specialty.||CAP Junior Members||Apply by February 3|
Please include the following with your completed application:
- An essay of up to 750 words discussing*:
- Interest in developing leadership skills
- Including interest in health policy as it influences pathology and patient care
- Why this award is essential to you
- Why Foundation financial support is necessary (NEED)
- Goals regarding attending the meeting
- Letter of recommendation from your Program Director discussing:
- Why this person is deserving
- Has this person shown leadership skills
- Curriculum Vitae
*Applicant that does not address the above items in their application essay will not be considered.